Wednesday 5 December 2012

Feedback from Nina

"Hi Ryan. I wanted to give you some feedback on the work on your blog thus far and what a treat it has been to see such mature and diligent work. You are clearly really enjoying this project and your posts show passion, commitment and a depth of engagement. I really like your digi-pack analysis work and I would like you to start posting Photoshop print screens of the work you are doing in your digi-pack development. I agree with Leanne about your animatic and think it would benefit from a second location performance element. You must be explicit about linking everything you do and the decisions and revisions you make back to the institutional context of your video and try to weave in the theories of Goodwin, Adorno and Keith Negus into your analysis of process, decsisions and developments. I would like to see you get some original location shots and explore intertextual referencing in more detail as I think there is huge filmic potential in your promo to pay homage to some key cinematic moments either stylistically or visually. This is all looking really positive Ryan and I am so pleased that you are updating your blog regularly and doing all the homework I have set to a high standard. Thank you for your efforts and keep up the great work but make sure you act upon the advice that Leanne and I give. I have no doubt you will."
This is the feedback that was given to me by one of my teachers on how to improve my blog so far. The key point I have drawn from this is that I need to use more theories to explain the developments I make during the process.
I have also been further advised that a second performance element would help to benefit my music video as the original performance element does become a little repetitive and predictable towards the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment