Wednesday 5 December 2012

'Digipak' cover- Idea 1- Process

Original digipack mock-up


1.
2.
3.
    
4. 
5. 
    
6. 
7. 
8. 



For my first digipak idea I wanted to bring the diamond logo in but not just as the logo, I also wanted to highlight the red hair of my artist (in this version the artist 'Florence Welch' has been used to replace my artist). I was also inspired by a photoshop tutorial on youtube in which the showed how to make it look as if a person was fracturing. Rather than using the brushes they used and suggested I made a brush using my logo. I also used a generic forest background for the cover to use until I conduct a proper photoshoot.
The tutorial:


Step 1: For this step I got an image of an artist similar to that of my artist to act as a 'place-holder' until I do a proper photoshoot for the digipak. I then removed the background of the image and copy the layer but enlarged the image behind my main image.

Step 2: For this step, I created an adjustment layer where I changed the saturation to minus 100. To make sure that the layer only affected the layer below I created a clipping mask.

Step 3: I then used a black brush to paint around the hair, lips and eyes of the artist so that they were no longer in black and white and were the original colour of the image. I then repeated the image onto the layer below but gave that layer a mask so that it would not be revealed unless I painted over the mask with a white brush (which I will be doing later).

Step 4: For step 4 I used various brush sizes, opacities and rotations of a diamond (artist logo) brush so that it could help achieve a fragmented look.

Step 5: This step involved using the white brush on the masked layer using the same style brush sizes, opacities and rotations but this time avoiding the edges so that it made it appear that the artist is fragmenting.

Step 6: I added the original 'howl' text

Step 7: For this step I used an effect similar to the diamond brush but this time sing a leaf brush to make it seem as though leaves had fallen on the logo.

Step 8: I removed the forest background and replaced it with a black background which I felt complimented the fragmented effect better than the forest background. I also changed the colour of the logo and text so that it was now visible on the black background.

No comments:

Post a Comment