Wednesday 3 April 2013

Evaulation: What have you learned from your audience feedback?


Audience feedback helped greatly in the early stages of the development of my video. One of the key bits of feedback I got from showing my animatic was that the original performance element began to become predictable and boring around half way through the video. I was told that adding another performance element around ½ or 2/3 of the way through the song would help to prevent the forest performance becoming boring.
During the animatic stages I was also told that some of my shots were too long and needed to be cut down. This helped to make the video flow a lot more as the shots fit more with the music rather than the lyrics, which was how I had originally planned the video.
Something I learned from audience feedback was that it helps you to make the correct decision. I discovered this when I created an audience feedback sheet asking for a vote on the two drawn digipacks I had created. After receiving the feedback it was clear that more people wanted the more ‘natural’ looking digipack than the one that would be primarily shot inside. This taught me that my decision was not always the best as the digipack that I preferred did not receive any votes from my feedback with most people suggesting that the ‘natural’ one tied in more with my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment