Tuesday 2 April 2013

Evaluation: How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?


Iconography-
The iconography I picked for my artist and video features coherently throughout my music video, digipack and posters. The text features a hard-edged font called ‘Diamond D’ which I picked as I felt it represented the image I wanted to put across of my artist. The font represents my artist as it keeps in with the indie-rock genre that she fits with. It also gives the impression that she is ‘tough’ and strong willed.
I have also created a simple symbol for my artist, which can be used in place of the artist name on products such as digipack covers and posters.
Nature/forest-
The theme of nature is included in both my music video and digipack. When I listened to the song I knew that the video’s main location had to be outside in a forest. Although I did not use the same location for the digipack shoot I still wanted to do most of the shoot outside so that it had a connection with the music video. This was effective as it still kept with the overall ‘natural’ theme of the music video but still allowed it to be distant enough to still be the cover for the digipack which included songs which do not have the same ‘natural’ feel.
Record Label-
Deciding upon a record label for my artist was important because I had to pick the record label that was correct for the genre of artist I have created. To decide upon a label suitable for my artist I looked at artists similar to mine and decided which was most appropriate to my artist. The company I picked was Universal Island Def Jam of which the artist Florence + the Machine is signed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment