Thursday 4 April 2013

Evaluation: How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?


YouTube/ Band Websites- YouTube was used highly in the research stages as it allowed me to analyse previous music videos. The analysis of music videos was very important in the early stages as it allowed me to review the codes and conventions of other music videos of the artists genre. Band websites were used in a similar but also helped for the planning of the digipacks and posters as i could see what other artists digipacks and posters looked like and included.
Prezi/Slideshare- Prezi and Slideshare were used in the research and planning stages as it allowed me to develop my ideas into a clear format. They also helped to be a location of which I could store my research. 
Photoshop/ Final Cut Pro- These two programmes were used in the construction stages of my video, digipack and posters. Final Cut was used in the construction of my video and helped to create the effects that I wanted to be featured. This includes the jittering text, 'color' correction and desaturation of the clips. It also allowed me to slow some clips down that were either not the correct length or that needed to be slowed down for effect.  Photoshop was used for the creation of the digipack and poster. Photoshop helped for this stage as it allowed me to erase areas of images that I did not want and also allowed me to add filters to the images.
Blog- my blog was used in the evaluation stages by helped me evaluate the production stages of the video, digipack and poster as I made them. It also helped to document the production of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment