Thursday 27 September 2012

Journal: 27/09/12- Logo [Amendments]

Chosen logo
Black: 
White:
Black diamond logo:

White Diamond Logo:

The second idea i came up with was keeping the logo fairly 'hard' using many sharp and straight edges to recreate the strength of a diamond. The font I decided upon was called 'diamond d' I liked this font due to its hard sharp edges and felt that it fit in well with the theme. I did however edit some of the text to add the gaps in letters such as 'D', 'A' and 'R'. For the letter 'O' I thought it would be interesting if I designed the letter to look more like an diamond, as the basic shape had already been created. I did this by cutting a few segments out. The original 'O' letter has been used to act like a full stop at the end of the name. I have also come up with the idea of using the 'O' diamond symbol as a symbol in it's self which would be able to be used across a variety of mediums without having to use the full 'Fragile Diamond. 

First draft black/grey:
First draft white:



The idea I had for the first logo came from keeping the idea of 'fragile'. This is reflected in the slightly disintegrated text and recreating a diamond shape with a crack going through it like the typical fragile sign which shows a crack going through it.

I will be doing some 'Audience feedback' sheets to see which design is more preferred by the target audience of my artist.


1 comment:

  1. One of the images hasn't posted properly here, can you re-post it?

    ReplyDelete